Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Antique quilts ( part 1)

My husband loves going to antique shops, so I browse also. Today I had my camera and decided to snap pics of antique quilts. Some are very worn, all are or were beautiful at one time.
These guys were watching me...wonder what she's doing they thought. Wish I had a place for them to live.

I love Dresden plate quilts...this one had a yellow flower appliqued in the center of each block...hardly noticeable in the pic. The T quilt was nice, too.

A strings 8 pointed star...probably very pretty before it faded.

Part of a churn dash quilt that had been cut up to make wallhangings.  I like how the center block is made of fabric from the block above and beside it. The sashing was not all the same either. 

Colorful boys quilt...loved all the triangles and scalloped border

Little half square and quarter square blocks...very colorful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by...I'd love to hear from you!