Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Free Motion Quilting Challenge

I decided to take part in Inky Threads (Wendy)  and Thread Heads ( Joanne)  Free Motion Quilting Challenge which runs April 22- May 12. You can start anytime but must practice free motion quilting 14 consecutive days. I didn't get Day 1 posted yesterday...too busy.


Day 1  I started out trying to do some feathers ( upper right and off the picture). They
were awful...I need to find out some hints there!!! The hearts looked fiar and so did the stars...something I may try on  a quilt for my granddaughter.


Day 2  I decided  to start with loops...I got out the book below and started at page 1.
I need to loosen up....I think I heard red wine would help!!! I might run over my fingers then!!! LOL

4 comments:

  1. Lookin' good! Red wine is perfect for "meditative" quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy, do I need practice in free motion but can't join the challenge right now. I am just so in a 'I can't quilt right now' mood. So many changes in my life I am having trouble keeping up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy, do I need practice in free motion but can't join the challenge right now. I am just so in a 'I can't quilt right now' mood. So many changes in my life I am having trouble keeping up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by...I'd love to hear from you!