Thursday, June 21, 2012

Sewing & Quilt Expo

This is the first year the Sewing and Quilt Expo has been in Raleigh ( June 21-23). A friend and I had registered for a class on longarm quilting ( Bread and Butter).It was free motion quilting. Our instructor, Dusty Farrell, was terrific. Very knowlegeable and entertaining. We started with meandering but added loops, curls, etc. It was like a WOW moment...like why didn't I think of this. It was 3 hours of practice of techniques I know I will use.....I'll show you my practice pieces as I improve!!!
Loved all her patterns!!!

Had to buy the snowman pattern at Ye Olds Forest Quilt Shop (Greensboro & Burlington NC)

Bought plenty from Sew Batiks, too!!

Quilt Tricks had patterns that I barely could resist!!

One of my favorite quilts displayed!!

I had to buy the Halloween wallhanging from Dusty Farrell's booth, plus a book,some rulers,snippers.

Some of my other favorite places to go had booth also...Loving Stitches ( Fayetteville NC), Bernina World of Sewing (Raleigh), Sewing in the Carolinas, Wish Upon A Quilt (Raleigh).
I hope the Expo will be in Raleigh again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by...I'd love to hear from you!